Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marty Stuart Trivia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Towne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Marty Stuart Trivia Reply with quote

In all seriousness, why does he wear those huge, neck surrounding, scarves?
weevus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he tries to dress like Clarence sometimes. I've seen photos of Clarence wearing scarves around his neck and a leather jacket without a shirt under it. Very Happy
Tony Trout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why he wears those huge scarves but I think they look cool on him. He does wear black, though, in memory of Johnny Cash - and I think that's a tremendous statement about the man's appreciation of the classic and true country music which he is trying his best to preserve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rballister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) reason that can be found online:

"One of his band members got drunk and went to get a tattoo. Marty went to talk the fella out of it. An altercation ensued and Marty was knocked out in the parking lot. His band member (former) dragged him into the tattoo parlor and had a large duroc pig tattooed onto Marty's throat. Both the band member and tattoo artist fled to Belize afterward and Marty was left with the decoration. He's worn the scarf ever since."

Had to look up "duroc pig". They don't pass through NYC too often. Very Happy
Tony Trout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rballister wrote:

"One of his band members got drunk and went to get a tattoo. Marty went to talk the fella out of it. An altercation ensued and Marty was knocked out in the parking lot. His band member (former) dragged him into the tattoo parlor and had a large duroc pig tattooed onto Marty's throat. Both the band member and tattoo artist fled to Belize afterward and Marty was left with the decoration. He's worn the scarf ever since."

Brian,

I have to agree that THAT has to be the most highly unlikeliest reason for wearing the scarves. Could it be that he just simply likes to wear them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hot_Water

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rballister wrote:

LOL I wonder if one of my deceased father-in laws durocs posied for the tattoo? it would have to be red if so Laughing there kinda a uncommon breed any place now I understand
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: